Bayou Classic 12" Cast Iron Skillet
• Ideal for frying fish, chicken, hushpuppies, and fries
• Grill steaks, fajitas, vegetables, pancakes, eggs, and bacon
• Dimensions: 12" diameter x 2"H
• Item should be cured before use
The skillet has worked fine for me.
Two stars for the starting price, but subtract for shipping.The pan needs to be 'seasoned' beyond recommendation or it will rust. But the pan really fails due to the lack of a safety feature- the 2nd handle as on most all 12" iron skillets!
The skillet had a weird look on the surface when I received it. I went through the suggested steps before using it but after using it once, it looked rusty.
Write your own review and share your thoughts with other customers.
Barbour International, Inc. was founded in 1986 and introduced the Bayou Classic line of outdoor cooking products. The initial line consisted of steel gas cookers, aluminum stockpots, deep frying skillets, and accessories for boiling and frying seafood Cajun style.
As time passed, it became apparent that many forms of American cuisine had evolved, but few products were available to fill the various needs. Recognizing this fact, Barbour International, Inc. responded by developing a full line of cooking products to meet the demands of the growing outdoor cooking market.
In 1995, Barbour International, Inc. designed a Turkey Frying product for which it holds two U.S. patents. This design has rocketed the trend of frying whole turkeys to mainstream America. In keeping with the company policy of being the innovator in the industry, Barbour International, Inc. now has additional patents pending.
To meet the needs of regions of the country having their own style of outdoor cooking based on ethnic traditions, geography, and climate; Bayou Classic offers products for all of the following:
* Southern states: "Low Country Boil"
* Eastern states: "Steaming" crabs, clams, and oysters in Eastern states
* New England: "Boiling" lobsters
* Great Lakes region: "Fish Boils"
* Central States: "Boiling" corn
* Southwest: "Slow cooking" chili and stews
* Southern California, Texas and Florida: "Steaming and Boiling" tamales and menudos
* Gulf Coast: "Boiling" crawfish, shrimp, and crabs as well as gumbos and jambalaya
* West Coast: Wok cooking
* Nationwide: "Frying" fish and chicken
* Nationwide: "Frying" whole turkeys
To accomplish this, the Bayou Classic line now consists of a wide variety of stockpots and steamers, deepfryers, turkey and chicken fryers, outdoor gas cookers, cast iron cookware, and griddles. Most recently,stainless steel products including cookers, stockpots, deep fryers, and turkey fryers have been added to theproduct line. Barbour International, Inc.'s merchandising philosophy has been "narrow and deep". As a result, Bayou Classic carries a broad assortment of product within this narrowly defined segment of the outdoorcooking market. The driving principle of Bayou Classic is to offer the highest product value, determined by design, function, and safety. This principle combined with Barbour International, Inc.'s commitment to deliver superior performance in all aspects of operations has brought Bayou Classic to be,"The Finest in Outdoor Cooking Products!"
Why buy from Picnic World?
- Extraordinary Customer Service - We don't just sell picnic baskets, we eat, sleep and breathe them. Call us and a real person will answer the phone.
- Easy Returns for 30 Days - If you're not delighted on your picnic, then neither are we. At Picnic World, we offer a 30-day no-questions-asked money back guarantee.
- Small Business Values - There are plenty of nameless, faceless corporations out there. We're not one of them.
- Over 1200 Picnic Pleasures in Stock - We carry a huge selection of picnic baskets from the world's best brands.
- BBB "A+" Rating - We've been a Better Business Bureau Accredited Business since 2005 with a lifetime "A+" rating.
Not only do we sell picnic products but we believe picnics are the perfect way to escape the hustle and bustle of life. Each one of our staff members has a personal connection to picnicking, whether it’s eating lunch at Branford Park every day or searching high and low for the best picnic spot. I know our appreciation for picnics has a direct impact on Picnic World. Warren Sager, Owner of Picnic World