Carving Axe with Sheath
A proud woodsman needs a respectable axe, and this carving axe is just it. The bold curves of its blade and laminated Baltic birch handle evoke the flowing design of the classic Viking shipbuilder's axe. As you can tell, a high level of craft is involved in every inch of this axe. The head is made from hardy 440 stainless steel that is bead-blasted to a satin finish and secured to the handle with quality stainless steel locks and screws. You'll be able to chop and carve wood with a secure grip, even while using this axe at full strength.
• Tool head: 440 stainless steel
• Finish: Bead-blasted for a quality satin finish
• Includes handcrafted full grain leather sheath
• Warranted for life - 100% satisfaction guaranteed
• Stainless steel set-screw holds the handle in the head
• Stainless steel roll pin locks the head to the handle
• Handle is made from laminated Baltic birch
• Weight: 1 pound 4.5 ounces
• Overall length: 12.5"
• Cutting edge: 4.5"
• Blade width: 5"
Anything axe-ish made from 440C (or any stainless steel grade) is 3rd rate, at best. Carbon spring steel, guys. Stop selling this jankie stainless. Stainless is not designed for pressures or forces that an axe, sword, machete or other impact related blade will experience.
Write your own review and share your thoughts with other customers.
Why buy from Picnic World?
- Extraordinary Customer Service - We don't just sell picnic baskets, we eat, sleep and breathe them. Call us and a real person will answer the phone.
- Easy Returns for 30 Days - If you're not delighted on your picnic, then neither are we. At Picnic World, we offer a 30-day no-questions-asked money back guarantee.
- Small Business Values - There are plenty of nameless, faceless corporations out there. We're not one of them.
- Over 1200 Picnic Pleasures in Stock - We carry a huge selection of picnic baskets from the world's best brands.
- BBB "A+" Rating - We've been a Better Business Bureau Accredited Business since 2005 with a lifetime "A+" rating.
Not only do we sell picnic products but we believe picnics are the perfect way to escape the hustle and bustle of life. Each one of our staff members has a personal connection to picnicking, whether it’s eating lunch at Branford Park every day or searching high and low for the best picnic spot. I know our appreciation for picnics has a direct impact on Picnic World. Warren Sager, Owner of Picnic World