Songbird Essentials Protected Bluebird Jail Bird Feeder
• Protected Bluebird Jail Feeder
• This feeder is designed for Bluebirds
• Offer mealworms, Bluebird food or pellets
• The wire side panels keep large birds from reaching in and taking food
• Mount on a pole or hang about 5 feet high in an open area with natural or man-made perching areas close by
• 9" long x 14 1/4" wide 9 3/4" high
Can not ship to Canada
We bought the feeder for the bluebirds and other small birds who were bothered by the mockingbird all the time. So far, the blue birds have not used it but the Carolina wrens use it and we love them. The feeder house is very well constructed and we enjoy having it. You need to improve you catalog description to define the clear plastic side panels as being present - not visible in the picture.
Material quality excellent. Good craftsmanship. One of the screws attaching the roof to the body caused the roof panel to split at the insertion point. Blue birds will not eat meal worms that are soaked in water. The hinge of the roof allows rain to drip into the meal worm cup. The blue birds were easily trained by removing the wire mesh and moving the feed cup gradually to the center of the feeder. It seems the wooden holes were a little too small because I saw the blue birds attempt to use the holes but always backed off. I removed the plexiglass as it seemed to deter the blue birds from entering. I may reinstall them later to see what happens.
Write your own review and share your thoughts with other customers.
At Songbird Essentials we specialize in unique patented products that help consumers attract the beautiful songbirds they love to their homes or office grounds. Whether it is attracting Cardinals, Goldfinches, Bluebirds, Hummingbirds, Purple Martins, Orioles or your favorite; we have proven products to help you attract the desired songbird. Our award winning line up includes:
Twirl-A-Squirrel - mechanical squirrel baffle that is the only product to win best new product of the year at both the Bird Watch America and Lawn & Garden Distributing Show
Hummer Helper Nesting Material - The first product proven to be used by hummingbirds to build their nest and recommended by the Hummingbird Society
Many of our products have been recommended, designed, and tested by Backyard Birding enthusiasts and/or Wild Bird Nature Store owners and employees. We are a family owned company located in the middle of the US in Mexico, MO and strive to have as many of our products domestically made as possible (over 95%). Besides our own dedicated staff of employees, we provide meaningful work to several outstanding sheltered workshop organizations.
Why buy from Picnic World?
- Extraordinary Customer Service - We don't just sell picnic baskets, we eat, sleep and breathe them. Call us and a real person will answer the phone.
- Easy Returns for 30 Days - If you're not delighted on your picnic, then neither are we. At Picnic World, we offer a 30-day no-questions-asked money back guarantee.
- Small Business Values - There are plenty of nameless, faceless corporations out there. We're not one of them.
- Over 1200 Picnic Pleasures in Stock - We carry a huge selection of picnic baskets from the world's best brands.
- BBB "A+" Rating - We've been a Better Business Bureau Accredited Business since 2005 with a lifetime "A+" rating.
Not only do we sell picnic products but we believe picnics are the perfect way to escape the hustle and bustle of life. Each one of our staff members has a personal connection to picnicking, whether it’s eating lunch at Branford Park every day or searching high and low for the best picnic spot. I know our appreciation for picnics has a direct impact on Picnic World. Warren Sager, Owner of Picnic World