Igloo 28 Qt. Iceless 28 Thermoelectric Cooler, Silver
• Cools without ice - More room for food and drinks.
• Cools down 36 degrees F below ambient temperature.
• Quiet brushless motor and convection cooling.
• Ergonomic design.
• Swing-up bail handle with comfort grip.
• Molded-in side handles for two handed carrying or lifting.
• Plugs into any 12V DC receptacle.
• Capacity: 40 Cans, 26 Liters.
Be the first person to review this item! Write an online review and share your thoughts with other customers.
Igloo began in 1947 as a small metal working shop with two employees. The Company produced metal water coolers that were designed to replace traditional wooden buckets that provided drinking water for construction workers, oilfield workers and longshoremen on the docks.
Through a series of joint ventures, mergers and acquisitions, Igloo Manufacturing produced and distributed three brands of metal water coolers, Horton's, Polar King and Igloo. The company's first ice chest, a 22-quart metal unit with plastic liner, was produced in 1960.
Early in 1960, the Company merged with Production Tooling Company and the John T. Everett Company, a Memphis, Tennessee firm, became the sales and marketing arm of the Company. The result was a name change to Texas Tennessee Industries (TTI).
In 1962, the Company went public and began selling its stock on the Over the Counter Market. By 1962, TTI had grown to 73 employees and in that same year they offered the first all-plastic ice chest. The Igloo all-plastic ice chest was offered as an alternative to metal coolers and were initially sold to beer manufacturers. In 1963, Oshman's Sporting Goods in Houston became the first retailer to buy the plastic ice chest and offer it to consumers.
The excellent reputation of the Igloo line made the "Igloo" name recognizable to consumers and retailers throughout the sales territory. In 1971, the TTI name was dropped in favor of Igloo Corporation as the company's new name. By the end of 1971, the employee population had grown to 433; and Igloo was sold to the Coca-Cola Bottling Company of New York, Inc.
Today, Igloo remains the number-1 ice chest manufacturer worldwide; and we are excited about improving and enhancing our existing product line and developing new products to meet the needs of consumers.
Why buy from Picnic World?
- Extraordinary Customer Service - We don't just sell picnic baskets, we eat, sleep and breathe them. Call us and a real person will answer the phone.
- Easy Returns for 30 Days - If you're not delighted on your picnic, then neither are we. At Picnic World, we offer a 30-day no-questions-asked money back guarantee.
- Small Business Values - There are plenty of nameless, faceless corporations out there. We're not one of them.
- Over 1200 Picnic Pleasures in Stock - We carry a huge selection of picnic baskets from the world's best brands.
- BBB "A+" Rating - We've been a Better Business Bureau Accredited Business since 2005 with a lifetime "A+" rating.
Not only do we sell picnic products but we believe picnics are the perfect way to escape the hustle and bustle of life. Each one of our staff members has a personal connection to picnicking, whether it’s eating lunch at Branford Park every day or searching high and low for the best picnic spot. I know our appreciation for picnics has a direct impact on Picnic World. Warren Sager, Owner of Picnic World