Gerber Bear Grylls TinderBox Firestarter
A key factor in surviving in the wild is how well you can get a fire going. With the BG Tinderbox, building a fire just got easier. It features a steel cutting surface that makes creating tinder easy and the frame is wrapped in high grip rubber to keep it securely in your hand. With a simple push of a button, the cutting surface pivots to the side and the tinder is available to use. Creating tinder is only one part of building a fire, you have to get it lit, too. While matches or a fire starter work well, the Tinderbox features a magnifying glass that will get the job done as well. And, when you need it, turn the Tinderbox over and use it to signal for help.
• Length: 5.75in.
• Width: 2.25in.
• Heigth: 1.06in.
• Weight: 3.0 oz
• Unique tinder cutter w/cover
• C304 stainless cutter
• Polypropylene cutter cover
• Rubber overmold to keep it secure
• Polycarbonate/ABS with TPE overmold
• Magnifying glass
• Emergency signaling mirror
• Tinder capturing box to keep dry
• Priorities of Survival Pocket Guide
Be the first person to review this item! Write an online review and share your thoughts with other customers.
In 1939 Joseph Gerber hired a local knife maker to build 25 sets of kitchen cutlery to be given as Christmas gifts. The knives were so popular that Joseph Gerber left his advertising agency to start Gerber Legendary BladesÂ®. The unique style and high quality manufacturing of Gerber cutlery soon developed wide spread acclaim. In fact, Gerber Legendary Blades are the only cutlery on display in New YorkÂs famous Museum of Modern Art.
From very early on, Gerber collaborated with top knife designers, setting a standard of quality for everyone else to follow. Renowned designers such as Al Mar, Bob Loveless, Paul Poehlmann, "Blackie" Collins, William Harsey Jr. and Ernest Emerson have all designed knives for Gerber. In 2002 this tradition continued as Gerber released the Silver TridentÂ, designed by Chief James "Patches" Watson (U.S.N. Ret.) and Bill Harsey Jr.
Today, Gerber continues to design and manufacture unique, high quality outdoor recreation products. In 2003 we are proud to introduce the next generation of multi-tools: the RecoilÂ Auto-Plier. By constantly utilizing new technology and innovative design to develop new products, Gerber continues to be an industry leader.
Why buy from Picnic World?
- Extraordinary Customer Service - We don't just sell picnic baskets, we eat, sleep and breathe them. Call us and a real person will answer the phone.
- Easy Returns for 30 Days - If you're not delighted on your picnic, then neither are we. At Picnic World, we offer a 30-day no-questions-asked money back guarantee.
- Small Business Values - There are plenty of nameless, faceless corporations out there. We're not one of them.
- Over 1200 Picnic Pleasures in Stock - We carry a huge selection of picnic baskets from the world's best brands.
- BBB "A+" Rating - We've been a Better Business Bureau Accredited Business since 2005 with a lifetime "A+" rating.
Not only do we sell picnic products but we believe picnics are the perfect way to escape the hustle and bustle of life. Each one of our staff members has a personal connection to picnicking, whether it’s eating lunch at Branford Park every day or searching high and low for the best picnic spot. I know our appreciation for picnics has a direct impact on Picnic World. Warren Sager, Owner of Picnic World