SnugPak Ionosphere 1 Person Tent, Coyote
The Ionosphere by Snugpak is an extremely small and compact 1 person tent. The Ionosphere has a very low profile and is great for those looking for a 1 person tent to keep out of the elements. Just like The Bunker, the Scorpion 3 and Scorpion 2 the Ionosphere also too has a 5000mm PU Coated Fly. The Ionosphere has a single entry point, No-See-Um-Mesh and all seams are seam taped. A very impressive small compact tent by anyones standard
• Flysheet is a lightweight 210t Polyester RipStop pu with a 5000mm waterproof polyurethane coating
• Inner Tent constructed of 190t Nylon with Polyester Mesh
• 50D Polyester No-See-Um-Mesh
• DAC Featherlite NSL anodized poles with pressfit connectors
• All DAC Poles are made from TH72M aluminum
• 1 Doors
• All seams are taped sealed
• Alloy Stakes (14 + 2 Spare Stakes)
• Available in Olive Outer/Black Inner only (pictured above)
• Comes with a Repair Kit - repairs can be made on the move
Be the first person to review this item! Write an online review and share your thoughts with other customers.
Snugpak is the trading name of Brett Harris Ltd of West Yorkshire, England. Snugpak manufacture a wide range of quality sleeping bags as well as insulated mid layer clothing. The company employs 70 people and enjoys worldwide sales.
In 1976 a deep-sea diver and a secretary noticed the US trend for body warmers. They thought the fashion would catch on in the UK and they wanted to be ahead of the trend when it did. Bryony Harris, director of Snugpak taught husband Brett Harris company chairman to sew. Together they produced some experimental body warmers and jackets.
The couple both had full time jobs so every spare minute of their leisure time was spent making as many jackets as possible. With the help of outworkers a cottage industry was born. In those early days production stood at 15 jackets per week.
In 1977 the couple decided to invest what money they had into G & H Products Ltd (which later became Craghoppers) to gain more outdoor business experience. Two years later they made the decision to branch out on their own with Snugpak. Although still making jackets they realised that if the company was going to be a success they would need to manufacture products with year round appeal rather than the seasonal body warmer. Sleeping bags were the logical option.
In 1982 Snugpak leased modest premises in Silsden, installing a quilting machine which could follow patterns of jackets in all sizes as well as sleeping bags. Brett holding down a full time job as a medical sales rep spent every spare moment quilting enough fabric to keep their sole machinist busy for a week at a time.
By 1984 the company had grown and the number of machinists had risen to seven. By 1986 sales had grown so strong the company had to move to larger premises. The company moved down the road to a Grade II listed old woollen mill in Silsden, where they remain.
Brett knew that the way forward for the company was through innovation. Man made sleeping bags was traditionally bulky. He wanted to produce a cheaper man made equivalent to the down filled sleeping bags.
With the help of a Swiss company Neidhart, Brett created Softie wadding, a fibre which was exclusively produced by Neidhart for Snugpak. To compliment this lightweight fibre, Snugpak used lightweight Pertex fabric manufactured by Perseverence Mills of Lancashire, England. In 1987 Snugpak launched their first Softie 6 and 12 bags in the outdoor trade. Their two bags were the smallest synthetic bags in the market and sales rocketed. Today the Softie range consists of six different models all based on this initial idea but constantly upgraded as new technologies are incorporated to keep the bags at the cutting edge.
The latest innovation includes 'profiling', Snugpaks name for its 'No Stitch Through' construction technique which dramatically reduces the cold spots within sleeping bags.
Why buy from Picnic World?
- Extraordinary Customer Service - We don't just sell picnic baskets, we eat, sleep and breathe them. Call us and a real person will answer the phone.
- Easy Returns for 30 Days - If you're not delighted on your picnic, then neither are we. At Picnic World, we offer a 30-day no-questions-asked money back guarantee.
- Small Business Values - There are plenty of nameless, faceless corporations out there. We're not one of them.
- Over 1200 Picnic Pleasures in Stock - We carry a huge selection of picnic baskets from the world's best brands.
- BBB "A+" Rating - We've been a Better Business Bureau Accredited Business since 2005 with a lifetime "A+" rating.
Not only do we sell picnic products but we believe picnics are the perfect way to escape the hustle and bustle of life. Each one of our staff members has a personal connection to picnicking, whether it’s eating lunch at Branford Park every day or searching high and low for the best picnic spot. I know our appreciation for picnics has a direct impact on Picnic World. Warren Sager, Owner of Picnic World