Tasmanian 3 Copper/Rust
The Tasmanian is a 4 season tent that is loaded with features. It uses 7000 series aluminum poles (one continuous pole system with hubs that reach end to end, and an additional pole that goes across the tent to help stabilize in strong winds). It also features a full-coverage fly with two vestibules to help store your gear. With an additional pole on the fly, it creates a very large vestibule on the front for even more gear storage. There are two doors (one on each end). The Tasmanian uses extra-large #8 zippers so opening doors and vestibules are a breeze every time. Year-round, this is a tent you can rely on!
• 7000 Series Aluminum Poles with Weatherproof Shock Cord
• Free Standing Pole System
• All Vents Can Be Fully Closed
• Easy Assembly with Pole Clips That Quickly Snap Over the Tent Poles
• 75D 185T Polyester Fly Resists UV Damage and Stays Taut
• Factory Sealed Fly and Floor Seams Give Best Weather Protection
• 75D 185T Poly Taffeta Floor with 5000mm Coating
• Extra Large #8 Zippers on Doors and Vestibules
• Easy Entry and Great Ventilation with 2 Doors (Both with Zippered Mesh Windows)
• 2 Vestibules for Gear Storage and Extra Weather Protection
• Vestibules Include Poles for Extra Weather Protection and Allows for More Usable Area
• Weatherproof Fly Buckles on for Maximum Adjustability and Protection
• Mesh Storage Pockets, Gear Loft, 7075 Aluminum Stakes, and Guy Ropes Included
• Rain fly, 7000 Series Aluminum Poles
• Pole Bag
• Stake Bag
• 7075 Aluminum Stakes
• Guy Ropes
• Repair Swatches
• Mesh Storage Pocket
• Gear Loft and Tent Bag
• Fly: 75D, 185T, Poly Taffeta, 1500mm Multi-pass Urethane coating
• Floor: 75D, 185T, Poly Taffeta, 3000mm Multi-pass Urethane coating
• Walls: 75D, 185T, Poly Taffeta
• Mesh: Nylon No See-um Mesh, 40D
• Frame: 7000-series aluminum
From Dennis Brune, Owner: I started ALPS Mountaineering, a small company located in rural east central Missouri, with the mission of "providing more gear for more people". We offer performance oriented packs, tents, sleeping bags, furniture & air pads. All of our products are Âconsumer designedÂ for comfortable enjoyable trips that have tough, durable construction for a lifetime of use, and while the products are great, the prices are even better. I have been working in the outdoor industry since 1978 in a variety of design, sales, and marketing positions. A lot of my prior outdoor experience came from running the Kelty brand, which also marketed packs, tents, and sleeping bags. In 1994, Brian, the oldest of our 3 children, was about to enter middle school, so I left Kelty because I wanted to have a more flexible schedule to allow me to be more involved in my familyÂs activities.
As our business has grown, so has our need for good, qualified staff members. We started filling those needs in 2003 when Brian graduated from college with his degree in marketing. While my intention never was to Âonly hire friends and familyÂ, I continued the trend by next hiring my wife, LaRayne. When Adam, our second son, graduated in May of 2006, also with a degree in marketing, we also hired him. In the summer of 2006 we needed even more sales and marketing help, so we next hired our daughter-in-law, Sarah Beth. Our youngest child, Sarah Kristin, graduated from Mizzou in May of 2009 with her degree in communication, and we also said to her, Âcome on board!Â As IÂve happily and very proudly told several people, weÂve Âredefined the family businessÂ. Of course we have plenty of Ânon-BruneÂ employees Â Debbie, Karen, Phil, Sean, Laurie, Zach, Tracy, Jeff, Doug, Spencer Â and we consider them to be part of our extended Âbusiness familyÂ. While we believe in making exceptional products, we also think itÂs equally important to have outstanding employees Â and I can say that weÂre doing a great job of both.
Regarding our products, the challenge we have is to convince you that we can deliver products that offer great designs, are loaded with plenty of features, are made with excellent quality Â AND are also affordable. In our current economic situation, itÂs extra important to evaluate all of our purchases. We think if you do your ÂhomeworkÂ and fairly compare our products to those of our competitors, youÂll see we can offer you the best true value.