Varicraft Avian Mixed Seed Wire Cage Bird Feeder
• Does not come with a pole
• Powder coated aluminum reservoir and base
• Three gallon seed capacity requires only weekly filling
• Vented reservoir eliminates condensation and moldy seed in the hopper
• Vinyl coated wire cage stops pesky squirrels from raiding your feeder
• Only small songbirds have access to seed
• 11" diameter cage
This feeder is easy to fill an clean. It allows the small birds in to feed, yet keeps out the larger birds and squirrels out.
Squirrels can only get little. also holds enough for several days.
It's a great feeder! Huge volume and easy to clean and maintain. I have a big dove population which emptied all my non caged types. This one relegates them to feeding from the spillover underneath. My only negative is I wish the openings were a bit larger to fit cardinals, but all in all I couldn't be happier.
This is a great wire cage feeder. Holds a ton of food and the squirrels can't touch it. Great value too.
The feeder operates as expected. Small birds enter, feed, and fly away. Seed capacity is ample for several days.
We have had one of these feeders for several years and find it to be absolutely squirrel-proof. They try constantly but fail. It holds a lot of seeds which last about 2 weeks. It is economical because the seeds actually go to the birds, not to the squirrels and chipmunks. Because of its heavy metal construction, with no plastic parts, it has survived 4 or 5 bear attacks and only needed to have the wire mesh and hanger bent back into shape. It is the best feeder we have ever had.
The pluses outweighs the minor negatives. On the plus side, the basic design is great! The large storage area is wonderful. The clear plastic around the feeding stations allow you to see when it's time to refill, which despite the constant bird traffic, is about once every 2 weeks. The clips solution for keeping the filler cap on top of the unit squirrel-proof is a little bit "after-thought engineering". How about a twist off/on cap. The one thing that they should do, is not bother plastic/rubber coating the cages that surround the feeder. The squirrels have bitten that into submission. It looks like hell now. Why not make it out of stainless steel and leave it at that? One thing to consider when buying this unit is the weight of the unit when filled is very heavy. Like I say, the negatives are minor design flaws. The overall design is good.
Well constructed product does a good job keeping out large birds, regular squirrels, and other large animals. The size of the screen does allow in red & flying squirrels and chipmunks. An additional guard will be needed if you want to block their usage too The large capacity is very useful if you expect to be away, but keep in mind that this is very heavy when full and requires more than the usual support (and lifting strength)
We like this feeder because when we leave for two months in the winter our son doesn't have to fill it every week. However, those pesky little red squirrels despite a baffle have jumped as far as six feet to get into the feeder and chewed holes into the plastic feeder ports. Otherwise this is a splendid feeder.
Write your own review and share your thoughts with other customers.
Why buy from Picnic World?
- Extraordinary Customer Service - We don't just sell picnic baskets, we eat, sleep and breathe them. Call us and a real person will answer the phone.
- Easy Returns for 30 Days - If you're not delighted on your picnic, then neither are we. At Picnic World, we offer a 30-day no-questions-asked money back guarantee.
- Small Business Values - There are plenty of nameless, faceless corporations out there. We're not one of them.
- Over 1200 Picnic Pleasures in Stock - We carry a huge selection of picnic baskets from the world's best brands.
- BBB "A+" Rating - We've been a Better Business Bureau Accredited Business since 2005 with a lifetime "A+" rating.
Not only do we sell picnic products but we believe picnics are the perfect way to escape the hustle and bustle of life. Each one of our staff members has a personal connection to picnicking, whether it’s eating lunch at Branford Park every day or searching high and low for the best picnic spot. I know our appreciation for picnics has a direct impact on Picnic World. Warren Sager, Owner of Picnic World