Silky Hayauchi 390 16-Foot Pole Saw
• Maximum working reach 21 feet
• Approximate weight 2,250g (4.97lb)
• 6.5 teeth per 30mm (5.5 teeth per inch)
• Extension range 7'8" to 161/2 (2,350 to 4,900mm)
• 390mm (15.35 inch) length chrome plated blade
• Lightweight and rigid aluminum oval shaped pole
• 2-Extensions (3 poles) model that extends to 16 feet
• Comes with its own full length, hard plastic scabbard
• Double lock system insures your safety while working
• Limited lifetime warranty against defects in material and workmanship
***A quick release "stopper button" has been added for easier attachment and removal of the head. Before this enhancement, the head was attached using two "fixed" screws . On the new version of the Hayauchi, the stopper button and threaded bolt holds the head in place
The product is good.
The order experience was easy and the delivery was prompt. The product was super.
I've had a few pole saws. The regular hardware store variety with the nippers, and the one with the tiny electric chain saw. They were all too heavy and made the work very tedious. This is my second Silky 16 footer. I had the first one for years and limbed a couple hundred trees with it. I live on eleven acres in the forest and I trim the dead wood (fire ladders) from the lower branches for fire mitigation. I probably could have used it forever, but I made the mistake of loaning it to a friend who wanted o "trim a branch". Turns out that the "Branch" was about he size of a telephone pole. To the saw's credit, it did cut through the branch but got caught under it when it came down and destroyed the saw. This saw is so easy to use, but one must learn the Japanese style of cutting. All the work is done on the pull stroke, which is very easy on the body. I can work for hours without fatigue. If you push the saw, it will flex and bind, but this is not a problem with design. It's user ignorance. The build quality is excellent. The length adjustments are almost unlimited, and everything locks securely into position. Ten light strokes will usually drop a three inch limb from a Ponderosa, 20 feet up. I believe this is the finest tool I've ever purchased. And CGO had the best price.
It works very well! I didn't give it 5 stars simply because it's the only pole saw I ever used and so have no basis for saying its the best.
Write your own review and share your thoughts with other customers.
Silky saws are manufactured in Ono Japan, home of the finest cutlery steel known to man. Crafting fine wood cutting saws since the early 1900Âs, Silky continues to raise the bar for quality, endurance and cutting efficiency that none can match. Leading the industry in both design and innovation, saw users are changing their language in all parts of the world from merely asking for a saw, to asking for a Silky.
Why buy from Picnic World?
- Extraordinary Customer Service - We don't just sell picnic baskets, we eat, sleep and breathe them. Call us and a real person will answer the phone.
- Easy Returns for 30 Days - If you're not delighted on your picnic, then neither are we. At Picnic World, we offer a 30-day no-questions-asked money back guarantee.
- Small Business Values - There are plenty of nameless, faceless corporations out there. We're not one of them.
- Over 1200 Picnic Pleasures in Stock - We carry a huge selection of picnic baskets from the world's best brands.
- BBB "A+" Rating - We've been a Better Business Bureau Accredited Business since 2005 with a lifetime "A+" rating.
Not only do we sell picnic products but we believe picnics are the perfect way to escape the hustle and bustle of life. Each one of our staff members has a personal connection to picnicking, whether it’s eating lunch at Branford Park every day or searching high and low for the best picnic spot. I know our appreciation for picnics has a direct impact on Picnic World. Warren Sager, Owner of Picnic World