Down Under USA 77 Quart Icebox/Marine Cooler
• 2" wall thickness
• Coated wire basket
• Marine grade fiberglass
• Replaceable watertight seal
• Easy-to-clean seamless design
• Recessed, non-marking, non-slip feet
• Special blended refrigeration insulation
• Replaceable molded high-impact nylon hardware
• Hold ice for 14 days depending on size of box and use
• Dimensions: 28.7"L x 17.1"W x 20.1"H
• Keeps items cold up to 14 days
• Strong, replaceable latches
• 5 year limited warranty
Be the first person to review this item! Write an online review and share your thoughts with other customers.
For over 20 years Downunder has been selling high-end Ice boxes and Coolers in Australia, and is the leading brand in that market. We all have the unique opportunity to draw upon their 20 plus years of experience in launching this ÂnewÂ brand to the United States.
Our Five Star and Tropical boxes are all Rotationally Molded; a far superior process to the Âblow moldingÂ method used by cheap coolers (think Igloo, Rubbermaid, and Coleman). Our boxes maintain a minimum material thickness of 3 mm of virgin material on both the inner and outer shell Â our competition (both Engel Ultra Cool and Icey Tek) use a 3 mm Outer Shell but only a 1.5 mm re-melt inner shell. When looking at the competitionÂs boxes you may notice that their inner liner looks like a different color that their outer, they may come up with clever marketing reasons as to why, but the truth is it is cheaper and easier to cut this corner in production Â something we never do at Downunder.
Another key step to building a better box is the method of attaching the hardware. In all of our boxes we mold in metal plates to back all of the hardware. We then rivet the hardware into place. Our competition uses both screws and rivets, but none of them use the metal plates. Without the metal plate, the plastic can strip out and make the hardware impossible to replace once stripped out. Due to our pop-rivet and metal system, in the rare case of a hardware failure, the item can be re-drilled and a new piece pop-riveted back into place using simple tools. The hardware on our boxes is very tough marine grade molded nylon. Not only is this product nearly indestructible, it is very attractive and easy to keep clean.
A main difference between the high-end ice boxes and coolers is insulation. Most inexpensive cooler donÂt even add insulation to their inner walls using the Âdead air spaceÂ as the buffer. It is important to note that air is the fastest transfer medium for heat and cold aroundÂ this means that the cold air in the cooler will leave faster through this dead air space than through an insulation of some kind. All of the better boxes that we sell against do use insulation, but not all insulation is created equally. All of our iceboxes come with a special blended refrigeration foam insulation that is applied under tightly controlled conditions to ensure that the foam bonds to the inner and outer shell, is of equal consistency throughout the walls and lid, and will not delaminate. Voids in insulation foam as well as foam that delaminates is a key cause to warped lids and boxes as well as inner and outer shell failures in our competitorÂs products.
What good is an ice box if you canÂt shut the lid tightly? All of our coolers come with food-grade water and air tight seal that is replaceable. Pour a glass of water into one of our cooler and turn the box on its sideÂ ..no water will leak out Â try that with our competitor, only not in a store or you will need a mop! If water can leak out, then so can cold air.
A great feature of our boxes is the non-slip and non-marking rubber feet. These feet really hold the box in place, even on the wet deck of a fiberglass boat.
Why buy from Picnic World?
- Extraordinary Customer Service - We don't just sell picnic baskets, we eat, sleep and breathe them. Call us and a real person will answer the phone.
- Easy Returns for 30 Days - If you're not delighted on your picnic, then neither are we. At Picnic World, we offer a 30-day no-questions-asked money back guarantee.
- Small Business Values - There are plenty of nameless, faceless corporations out there. We're not one of them.
- Over 1200 Picnic Pleasures in Stock - We carry a huge selection of picnic baskets from the world's best brands.
- BBB "A+" Rating - We've been a Better Business Bureau Accredited Business since 2005 with a lifetime "A+" rating.
Not only do we sell picnic products but we believe picnics are the perfect way to escape the hustle and bustle of life. Each one of our staff members has a personal connection to picnicking, whether it’s eating lunch at Branford Park every day or searching high and low for the best picnic spot. I know our appreciation for picnics has a direct impact on Picnic World. Warren Sager, Owner of Picnic World